Day 60

2009 and true to form I am grumpy as hell. The idiots upstairs decided to celebrate New Year with a bang and were at it all night. Thump, thump, thump, ooohh.... and so on. I didn't sleep a wink.

I'm sure they are not idiots, but let me have my moment.

Elsbeth is definitely on the mend and should be out in a couple of days. I offered to water her plants but she kindly refused. I don't think she wanted to risk the drowning of her babies.

Her hospital bed was surrounded with huge bouquets of flowers and dozens of cards and like yesterday there was a steady stream of visitors, lots of laughter, hugs and kisses. Fortunately nobody tried to touch me.

When I got home I decided that it was time to let Harry out to explore his new environs. I hope he'll come back. That fat cat has snuggled his arrogant way into my heart and I'd be sorry to lose him.

So, 2009. Any resolutions, Aaron?

Keep on breathing.

That'll do.